According to a recent participant in a mobile marketing webinar, an Ogilvy executive, mobile will drive more sales in-store than actual salespeople this holiday season as consumers turn to the mobile Web and applications to research products, read reviews and compare prices. Granted the participants in the “Holiday Mobile Marketing: How to Get it Right at First Go” are a little biased when it comes to the impact that mobile will have on consumers, but this definitely comes as no surprise to the marketing world.
“Mobile will drive more sales in-store than human sales people,” said Gretchen Scheiman, partner and director for CRM at OgilvyOne Worldwide, New York. “If they can get access to reviews and all the data that is out there that is more trusted than salespeople, they’re going to turn to mobile.”
Now, consumers want everything immediately at their fingertips in an easy to understand way.
Which begs the question: Is the retail portion of your website optimized for mobile use?
Ask yourself these questions (which were outlined in the webinar):
1. Is your website clearly visible on all the latest smart phones?
2. Does your website load quickly?
3. Are users able to access important information in as few steps as possible?
4. Would it make more sense for your online retail experience to live on an app?
5. Are your online users able to Facebook ‘Like’ products so consumers can engage and share?
Its evident that the physical retail world will continue to mesh with the online world at a rapid pace. Spring is here to help you make that a reality. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at email@example.com